Love

Love
Fall 2011 photo taken in field by Mrs. Altman's house.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First post!! First blog!!

Didn't think I was the bloggin' type. Still might not be. But I thought it would be fun to give it a try. And really, why not?

My hope is that "Harpers' Miscellaneous Articles" will be a place for me to chronicle our family's life together and share little slices of this life with our friends and family who live so far away. (Of course, we also love sharing with our local friends and "family" too).

The name of my blog comes from our children's shared middle name (also my maternal grandmother's maiden name) and a play on the fashion mag "Harper's Bazaar". Of course, my first try at a title was "Harpers' Bizarre" but since I'm not a pioneer in the blogosphere and didn't claim this name early enough, I used the trusty thesaurus and discovered that a "bazaar" is just another name for a marketplace that sells "miscellaneous articles". And that just makes sense when I consider the sort of posts in my blog's future!

No comments:

Post a Comment