Love

Love
Fall 2011 photo taken in field by Mrs. Altman's house.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Buy Local



My friends and I have romanticized our local Amish roadside markets. We try our best to find whole foods - locally grown & organic when possible - to feed our children and ourselves. And we feel really good about it.

Tonight, on the way to our big label grocery store ("Giant Eagle"), Nat pointed to an Amish roadside market, now boarded up for the winter. Our exchange went something like this:

Nat: "Hey, Mom, you've been there before!"

Me: "Why yes, Nat, and when spring comes, we'll go there again for fresh fruits and vegetables and plants for our garden." (Ah, the smart and healthy eating habits that I'm bestowing upon our child.)

Nat: "And that's not all: we'll get whoopie pies and cakes too!"

Hmmmm...to make myself feel better after this exchange, I joined the "ban on high fructose corn syrup" group on Facebook and then I found these wonderful photos of Lizzie & Nat and the Amish whoopie pie adventure. I have a feeling there will be more of these come Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment