Love

Love
Fall 2011 photo taken in field by Mrs. Altman's house.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Littermate



This is Buddy, our 9 year old Golden. He is unique and beautiful and we love him dearly. His rap sheet is long, but his heart is huge. He is the first thing on Lizzie's mind when we greet her each morning ("Buddddeeee, where Buddddeeeee?"). Although he prefers to be by my side, he will sleep in Nat's room and help to keep the monsters at bay on particularly scary nights. When I was pregnant with Nat, and later, Lizzie, our faithful dog glued himself to my (bed)side and was a source of comfort as I dealt twice with 9 months of nausea.

Per our vet, Buddy views me as his littermate. I know that I shouldn't take this as a compliment, but, secretly, it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment