Love

Love
Fall 2011 photo taken in field by Mrs. Altman's house.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Clean Slate

It's been one of those weeks where I'd like a rewind button or, better yet, a clean slate. A fresh beginning.

At times like this, I love a good project that involves physical labor and a visible reward in a reasonably short period of time.
One afternoon, I tore out the green indoor/outdoor carpet that I have abhored since we bought our home almost seven years ago. (I placated myself by thinking that it provided a safer, softer surface for our babes.)

After a lot of scraping and washing and scraping and Home Depot consults and scraping, I chose to forgo muriatic acid to remove the mastic (carpet glue...I'm a project geek!). I committed to a coat of Behr concrete & masonry primer, followed by two coats of Behr porch & exterior paint in "pebbled path".

Voila! A fresh looking porch with a crazy new Mad Mat in a Turkish design and what our friend Pam calls "Wahoowa" colors.

Thank you Pam for your help and patience with this (and that).
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment