Love

Love
Fall 2011 photo taken in field by Mrs. Altman's house.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

"Rear Window"

Summer living in a small town suits my voyeuristic self just fine. I love sitting on the porch or taking a walk around town after sundown. The sights and sounds of so much living out in the open is reassuring to me.

The kids, Jefe and I had a late dinner and watched "Air Bud: World Pup" on the porch by candlelight. After the kids went to bed, I lingered and enjoyed the beautiful night, the crickets, and the sounds of our neighbor's house sitter playing the piano (possibly a treat that she doesn't have the chance to enjoy at her own home). It was beautiful.

And since my Jefe teaches film studies and loves, loves, loves his Hitchcock class, I couldn't help but think of "Rear Window" tonight.

Soaking up every moment of this summer. I don't complain much about N.W. winters, but I love, love, love my summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment